2021 has been a landmark year for shareholder engagement on climate, sustainability and human rights. Record high majority votes, increasing numbers of 30%+ non-majority votes and new commitments from companies show that collaborative investor stewardship initiatives are driving impressive, sometimes surprising results. Join Ceres and CalPERS for a discussion on leading and innovative practices for corporate engagement.
In this session, participants will:
- Review how leading pension funds are driving impactful company engagements with their stewardship policies and proxy voting guidelines
- Identify tools and benchmarks for investors to assess company progress on Climate Action 100+, Responsible Policy Engagement, deforestation, biodiversity, and governance as well as resources on sectoral pathways for the energy transition
- Examine how new investor net zero commitments are already driving company decarbonization in the real economy
- Identify new mechanisms for holding companies accountable for delivering on shareholder requests
- Moderator: Rev. Kirsten Snow-Spalding, Senior Program Director, Investor Network, Ceres
- Jake Barnett, Director, Sustainable Investment Services, Wespath Institutional Investments
- Anne Simpson, Managing Investment Director, Board Governance & Sustainability, CalPERS
In addition to being an official Climate Week NYC event, this is also a free side event for the Council of Institutional Investors Fall Virtual Conference – Hosted by California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) and Ceres.
Evening with Ceres (LIVE)
Join Alyssa Milano on October 13 for Evening with Ceres!
With you at our side, we can make climate change history. Don't miss out.